Monday, April 26, 2010

My Plan for Holistic and Integral Health

I Introduction:


It is important for health and wellness professionals to develop psychologically, spiritually and physically. Practitioners must evolve because they are the leading edge of change and they cannot lead until they themselves have experienced the transformation. I personally want to develop and improve upon my leadership goals and develop a more biologically profound body. To do this, I will need to increase my exercise and lose some weight.

II Assessment:

To foster greater wellness in my biological life, I intend to eat better (no more sweets and simple carbs) and get at least 30 minutes, preferably 60 minutes of exercise. cardio daily, along with 30-60 minutes of toning and stretching exercises, pilates and yoga. I have begun the meditative practices and along with prayer, begin my day in this way. Whenever I find myself faltering or waning in courage, tenacity, strength, desire or ambition, I go back to my meditative practice and recharge myself. My spiritual score is around a 7, physical score is around a 6, and psychological score is around a 7.


III Goal development:

My goal for my physical area is, as I have mentioned, to increase physical activity and decrease weight. My goal for my psychological and spiritual activity is to incorporate loving-kindness and integral health into my work and personal life.

IV Practices for personal health:

To improve my biological health, I am implementing 30 minutes, preferably 60 minutes of exercise which includes daily cardio, along with 30-60 minutes of toning and stretching exercises, pilates and yoga. I have begun the meditative practices and along with prayer, begin my day in this way. Whenever I find myself faltering or waning in courage, tenacity, strength, desire or ambition, I go back to my meditative practice and recharge myself.

To improve my psychological and spiritual health, I will meditate and pray every morning and every time I feel like I need it. I will practice the loving kindness meditation and listen to the Rainbow Meditation.


V Commitment:

My progress will be easily assessed through how I feel and the success in my work that I am experiencing, which will include my finances. My strategies to maintain long-term practices for health and wellness will continue to remind myself of my goals and my daughter’s upcoming wedding this October. I want to be able to well afford her wedding, as well as look good for it. I have been in "love" with Integral health for as long as I can remember. The only time I feel "alive" while working is when I am able to teach others the wonders of integral health and thus, Human Flourishing is an area I have been searching for. I do not believe there will be any problem with my commitment now that I have landed. My commitment to my biological health, my daughter, my new husband and my family all bridge the area I am most comfortable in.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a solid plan, great motivation, and a great support system. Good Luck to you and I know you will be ready for that beautiful wedding. Also, I know you will look great. I bet you are a beautiful person inside and out, especially in your daughters eyes. Best of luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you have landed! Not everyone can say that, so you just go crazy with it! :) It definitely helps when you have events or certain things to look forward to and serve as finish lines for goals you have for yourself. They make exercising, eating healthy, meditating, etc. easier to come by when you have a little motivation behind it. Eventually it gets to the point where we don't need any motivation because it is just a part of our lives. Best wishes with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Plan, keep your eyes on the prize!We define Wellness as the degree to which an individual experiences health and vitality in any dimension of life." The concept of health maintenance is a myth. Life is a dynamic process and either wellness is created through positive action, or illness is created through negative action. Change in life exists in 3 key dimensions:

    1.Psychological, or that which pertains to mental and emotional states;
    2.Physiological, or that which pertains to physical state and function;
    3.Biological, or that which pertains to nutritional or biological function.

    The 3 dimensions to your life - Physical, Biochemical and Psychological are all profoundly connected. Making a positive change in one dimension can automatically lead to positive changes in another.

    Health is not an event. It is a dynamic process that is lost or found in every action one takes. With every decision, you are either moving towards illness, disease and eventually death; or you are creating wellness in your life that is leading you to higher levels of health and vitality. The important thing to realize is that it is never too late to begin creating wellness in your life.

    "I read this the other day!":

    BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD ..... I BELIEVE!
    We're In This Together!
    Here's what I know about me and here's what "I Believe":

    ** I Believe in love. I believe that faith and love, along with patience and perseverance will get us through.
    ** I Believe that we can change our own destinies.
    ** I Believe that we can affect and ultimately change not only our own lives, but also the lives of others.
    ** I Believe in second chances - and as many as we need to get it right.
    ** I Believe we should complain less and care more.
    ** I Believe that you do not make mistakes and you do not fail - you have experiences, good or bad, and ultimately, what they become is what you make of them.
    ** I Believe that I have learned a great deal from the past and that I will handle whatever comes my way in the future.
    ** I Truly Believe, with all my heart, that we are all connected in some grand way and therefore, what affects me, ultimately affects you and vice versa.
    ** I Believe we should work for the common good of all - that you should want as much for your neighbor as you want for yourself.
    ** I Believe in a "Higher Power". I believe in me, I Believe in you and I Believe in us. Our combined energy is infinite and unstoppable ..... and the strength of our amazing indomitable spirits is immeasurable. Reach for the stars!

    I'm a BELIEVER and I'm a true romantic at heart ..... And I like it that way!

    Stay Focus, and GOD BLESS! LUV YA!

    ReplyDelete