Monday, April 5, 2010

If all hands that reach could touch...............


Expand your consciousness for a moment, to a universal consciousness in a Loving-Kindness meditation, and you have the ability to have a spiritual union with the universe. As our consciousness expands, so does our reach. Our capacity for empathic listening, seeing, and caring for one another with open heartedness, sensitivity, generosity and emotional intimacy can spread to all of our relationships. You can see others, acknowledge others, hear others and be present with others whether that other person is in the next room or across the globe.



Close your eyes and for a minute, rest into the natural ease of your mind and body, and repeat the following phrases. It is recommended you do this for 10 minutes:


May all individuals gain freedom from suffering.

May all individuals find sustained health, happiness and wholeness.

May I assist all individuals gain freedom from suffering.

May I assist all individuals find sustained health, happiness and wholeness.


What did you discover about yourself? I discovered that it gives me a high that can’t be compared to. I find this meditative practice to give me a sense of unity and euphoria as I gain freedom from suffering and find sustained health, happiness and wholeness, and assist others do the same.


Do an Integral Assessment of yourself at this time in your life. To flourish in this area, you must understand that your development is broken down into four categories:


1. Psychospiritual

2. Biological

3. Interpersonal

4. Worldly


Psychospiritual and biological flourishing involve personal areas of growth and development. As Mahatma Gandhi said, “Become the change you want to see happen in the world.” Psychospiritual flourishing is our most undeveloped part in Western history and it involves mental suffering and premature disease and is the greatest obstacle to human flourishing. When this area is developed, we gain the most for our effort, and is done through meditating.


Biological flourishing includes the anatomical and physiological body, and the mind/body/spiritual body.


Interpersonal influence is how you share your life with others. This is a shift from I, to you, to us, to all of us.


Worldly living is dependent upon a healthy inner life and healthy personal relationships. From mere survival to creative expression, to fulfillment in your life and work to service for others, worldly living is our creation of our world. “Become the change you want to see happen in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi.


My Integral Assessment is generally pretty lopsided. The way it is today may be different tomorrow, as this assessment is done regularly because it is a dynamic area. Today, my fitness and nutrition (biological) are areas I need to work on as I have been working on my psychospiritual, interpersonal and worldly health quite a bit this past year.


To foster greater wellness in my biological life, I intend to eat better (no more sweets and simple carbs) and get at least 30 minutes, preferably 60 minutes of cardio daily, along with 30-60 minutes of toning and stretching exercises, pilates and yoga. I have begun the meditative practices and along with prayer, begin my day in this way. Whenever I find myself faltering or waning in courage, tenacity, strength, desire or ambition, I go back to my meditative practice and recharge myself.


This is the path to Human Flourishing. And if I reach out my hand and touch you, then I have done my job in spreading the word and opening the path to a better world. Please visit my website at http://NutriTech12.com.


Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health, The Path to Human Flourishing. Basic Health Publications, Laguna Beach, CA

5 comments:

  1. Paula - Your post was so enlightening and inspirational. It really touched me on both an emotional and physical level. I like how you explained psychospiritual flourishing and your attempt to create a human flourishing by taking the time to take care of your biological life by eating healthier and exercising more. Your last paragraph made me smile as I felt so touched by what you said. Have you ever thought of becoming a writer? :) I would not change a thing about your post as this was clear and easy to read. I was able to understand what you were saying and felt like a new person when I finished reading it. Great job as always!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, your posts is always so touching. I think you could reach out and take away anyone. Inspirational!!! I too need to work on that biological aspect. I am going to start work on that one as soon as I get the psychospiritual aspect completed. It is baby steps for me, but I have to do this so I can learn and gain the capacity I need to continue with flourishing and reaching integral health. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula, I am the same. Sometimes I am aware at what I need to work on in my life. Then I focus on that, but then I don't keep my focus on the other things in life too. I want to focus on my biological life at this moment too. I have been focusing on my pyschospiritual and interpersonal life more lately, which has made a huge impact on my life. Now I just need to learn to incorporate them all in my already crazy busy days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paula, the picture , the words all was heartfelt. I am breathless. I appreciate you and your messages.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is what Loving-Kindness is about, you implify love all over. God is the Creator of the universe who yearns for us to know Him. That is why we are all here. It is His desire that we rely on and experience His strength, love, justice, holiness and compassion. So He says to all who are willing, "Come to Me."

    Inner Strength Through God's Love:

    God knows the pain and suffering we encounter in this world. Jesus left the safety and security of His home, and entered the hard environment we live in. Jesus got tired, knew hunger and thirst, battled accusations from others and was ostracized by family and friends. But Jesus experienced far more than daily hardships. Jesus, the Son of God in human form, willingly took all of our sin on Himself and paid our penalty of death. "In this is love, that he laid down his life for us."15 He went through torture, dying a slow, humiliating death of suffocation on a cross, so that we could be forgiven.

    You represent that inner strength and love! LUV YA!

    ReplyDelete