Friday, April 16, 2010

Integral Health for Humanity


Two practices that have been most beneficial to me have been The Loving-Kindness Meditation and the Subtle Mind. I can implement these practices in my personal life to foster mental fitness because of how the subtle mind will help me find peace and calmness when there is chaos all around me. The Loving-Kindness Meditation can help me help others find peace, health, joy and happiness, as well as myself. All of this can help bring a taste of human flourishing into our world.


"If humanity is to evolve to integral health, it is imperative to create a healthcare system that encourages and supports our efforts. We also need a community of trained professionals and like-minded friends who support our efforts. We cannot do this work alone in an unsympathetic culture.” (Dacher 2006 pp147-148).

Reference: Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health, The Path to Human Flourishing. Basic Health Publications, Laguna Beach, CA

The Hubble Telescope- "The Eye of God"

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nutritech,

    You seemed to have the same reaction to the love and Kindness exercise like most of us did. I'm glad it helped you to center yourself and find peace; in this world we really need it. The Subtle Mind was a great exercise as well again finding peace of mind is awesome when you’re around a lot of chaos. Chaos can really bring a person down mentally and physically and it’s good that now you have a way out. Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. first I want to tell you how interesting the "eye of God". I also found the subtle mind to be a wonderful exercise in calming the innerself and finding peace. I have an interesting thought. Anxiety is contagious, and so is peace, calmness, lovingkindness and the others...
    Thanks
    Brenda A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,

    I always find your posts so enlightening and inspirational. I enjoy the loving-kindness and subtle mind exercises too for I find they relax me and I do experience that inner love to be turned outward towards others. I feel peacefullness and notice that my stress is completely gone when I awake, however, I do feel rather tired and do not feel like getting up. Wonder if I will always feel this way after each exercise as I practice this going forward or if I will feel energized soon and ready to go right away. I guess only time will tell. Keep up the good work and wonderful posts!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those exercises as well Paula, you are so inspirational. God is using you for his glory to inspire a generation of people and give them hope because of the good news that Jesus Lives! This poem I read by Bill Burns sums up your loving greatness as a person to inspire others!

    "For you, my people are in a season of change. There are things that will change in your life now. Remain hopeful for those changes will all be for the better. There will be changes that will come that will re-direct you; changes that will necessitate My wisdom; that will stretch your abilities. But, I say unto you this day, I will be with you in these changes. For I am the Lord your God who watches over all things, and I watch over you. I know the thoughts that I have of you; the thoughts of good and not of evil. So, when you find it necessary to make changes that will affect your life and to take on new responsibilities or to go in a new direction then worship, for I. the Lord God, will lead and guide you." Keep shining so we all can see! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete