Saturday, March 20, 2010

Loving-Kindness Meditation

My experience with the Loving-Kindness meditation was beneficial to me. I naturally have a loving-kindness personality, but I do become weak and agitated at times when too many things seem to be going wrong at one time, involving too many people. So, for me to be able to reach out and take in the suffering of a loved one and allow it to just “be” and breathe out happiness and health was very uplifting. It helped me reach calm abiding, and gives me the sense of unity with those I meditate on.

I found myself taking in the suffering of more than one loved one, which I am assuming is ok. There is no right or wrong way to allow loving-kindness to manifest in ourselves.

When it was time to take in the suffering of those who are beyond my loved ones, or those I may not know, I thought of those suffering with catastrophic illnesses and I breathed out health and healing and think about their ability to see their illness as a manifestation of something that needs to be addressed either physically or spiritually, or both, and that will be shown to them in a thought or vision.

I also thought of those who live in constant turmoil, agitation, poverty, addictions, and hatred. It is those people who need a distant and divine manifestation to intercede into their lives because they will never find it without that.

I thought of those who are greedy and materialistic, and breathe out a sense of charity to them. At some point, they will begin to understand we are all in this together and to be greedy or materialistic only shuts them out of the big picture.

I feel peaceful when I come back to my surroundings and I have a renewed strength and encouragement to keep faith that my life purpose will continue to manifest and I will continue to have success. I will not doubt my abilities, nor of the Divine’s intentions for my life, and I realize that I am just a grain of sand on the beaches and my worries and my ego have no place in this peaceful bliss I now enjoy, and hope to enjoy again and again. I will practice this meditation at least twice a day, or more as needed, and I hope to be able to manifest that sense of peace in my life at all times of the day.

I definitely recommend anyone to try this exercise. It helps alleviate stress and can improve one’s health, but even more than that, it can help fulfill a sense of unity all of us truly want but may feel is elusive in this world. When that curtain is pulled back and you see the warmth and white light of truth, peace and unity, your life purpose is revealed when you just let go and let be, and allow yourself to be filled with loving-kindness.

Paula

5 comments:

  1. Paula, great point at the beginning of your post. I think we all can get overwhelmed and sometimes frustrated when we get over loaded with life's duties; this can happen to the best of us no matter how well we seem to be living or how happy and blessed we may be. It just goes to show that we still need our Heavenly Father's help each and everyday to help us along the way because our bodies were made to become tired and weak after so much. The good news is that if we fall down we can get back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I honor your insight and will be gleaming off as much as you write, because you have off the chart credentials to go with it. How wonderful. thanks for the inspiring post!!
    B.Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!!!

    First off, I just wanted to say that I really love the picture you chose for your Unit 4 blog. It is SO cute, and I have never seen anything like it before.

    I agree with you 100% when you say that you are typically one who shows loving-kindness to everyone around you, but it is true we do get fustrated at times. You said it perfectly too. Our fustration usually arises when something goes wrong, and then all of sudden it seems like everything starts crashing down on you. Lately, I have kind of felt this way, but this class has been a great motivator for me to keep my head up when things get rough!

    It is interesting to know that you thought of more than one person who you consider a loved one that is suffering. Are these people related to you, or just your friends? As well, are these people suffering physically, emotionally, or mentally? I thought of my mother who is suffering from loneliness.

    GREAT BLOG & KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paula,
    I really appreciate your sense of creativity and sensitivity. Please keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,

    When I thought of more than one loved one that is suffering, they are relatives and close friends. And their suffering is all of the above: physically, emotionally and mentally.

    Has your mother felt anything from your Loving-Kindness Meditation?

    ReplyDelete